Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One of THOSE Days


I made this card for Patti's husband, today's hero!

We had some transmission work done on my car and today it broke down on my way to school. I couldn't get the car back home, so I parked it and walked home. I was trying to figure out how to call a cab, but then I quickly called Patti's husband who was home today and asked him to take me to school. I felt kind of dumb, but I missed so many classes getting ready for last week's event, and with only three weeks until final exams, I couldn't miss a class today.

One thing that is challenging about law school is that for almost all classes, your entire grade is based on the final exam! Exams are about three hours long, almost always essay, and really taxing. The only thing I can imagine is worse than writing a law school exam is being a professor and having to read 50 answers...can you imagine?

So Chris rescued me; I made it to my classes; and it was up to my husband, Mark, to deal with the car.

This was a very, very quick card. I mounted the five circles using Creative Memories' double circle punch. I love that it makes the circles just the right size to fit into my small Xyron. I also used these really cute stamps from Stampendous that I bought from Eclectic Paperie.

I hope that my car gets on the road tomorrow, which would make Mark Wednesday's hero...

2 comments:

Patti Gingrich said...

Such a cute card...even more so in person! It's been quite the week for car problems. After getting the tie rods replaced on the van and yesterdays flat (thanks again for being MY heroin and sharing in my morning giggle) we had to replace the tire. I'm starting to think that Chris is right about the horse. ;)

Paula said...

Cute card, and such a nice reason for giving it. I always feel kind of bad when I ask people for favors, but I think most folks are glad to help out. I'm always happy if I can do a little favor for someone to help them out. Good luck with finals!