Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Great Husband


My fabulous husband (look, you can see his shoulder, right there on the right, just next to me...) took me to Madison, WI last weekend for dinner. He's been trying to take me to this great place, Quivey's Grove, for a long time. So he decided to book a room off Hotwire and take me last Saturday. OK, so that's so sweet, but EVEN better he looked up about six stamp/scrap stores and took me on a little shopping tour. He even sat in the car and read a book while I shopped! What a guy.

I made these next two cards with DP and stamps I bought on that trip. I'll have to edit later with actual manufacturers.

The square card uses a Lockhart stamp, which I colored with my Copics. I also bought this "Shapeabilities" from Spellbinders to make the tag.

This card is a tri-fold. I used some fabulous DP to cover the front two panels. I love all of the color! The stamp is from PrintWorks, which I found at this little regional chain in Wisconsin, Scrapbook & Stamping Memories. I love the image so much and it is really simple to color in with Copics.

OK, I do realize that every card I make is crooked in some way. I guess that is something I should strive to fix.

So now I am back to reality. I am writing a paper for my summer class on the Constitutionality of School Fees. Yes, they are Federally Constitutional, but some state constitutions require FREE schools. Illinois is one of them, therefore I am scratching my head about the annual registration fees. Hmmm...

Have a great day!

3 comments:

stampmonkey said...

You DO have a wonderful hubby, Priscilla! My mom and I were wondering what he's made of (and if you could bottle some)! lol

Great cards, and fun patterned papers! Looks like your surprise weekend away was a great success! ;)

Best of luck on your paper.... I went through paralegal school and worked for a lawyer (you must still have a LOT of good brain cells left after having kids; mine seem to have disappeared somewhere along the line...they pop up every now and again and make me really happy, but for the most part I just miss them). ;P

Juli Smith, said...

I'll say your hubby is wonderful! How fun is that?! Great cards too, Priscilla! Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

Great job on coloring those flowers and the water in the vase. That image looks great with that way cool paper, too. You do have a great hubby! What a sweetheart. Did you find anything else about those school fees? I just paid several hundred out for my two!